This Watermelon Oatmeal Smoothie video is sponsored by the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
Hi friends, happy Monday! I’m kicking off the week with a Watermelon Oatmeal SMOOTHIE recipe… in VIDEO form! Get excited. This month, I’ve partnered with the Watermelon folk on the Watermelon for Health campaign to bring you this Watermelon Oatmeal Smoothie and I’m super pumped about it.
Oh and if you like this video.. give it a thumbs up on youtube and SUBSCRIBE to my channel, pretty please??!! Lots more food videos coming your way.
This smoothie is so simple to make… with only 4 ingredients
Lemon Greek Yogurt
Blend up this Watermelon Oatmeal Smoothie to an easy way to incorporate watermelon into your everyday fitness routine. It’s so easy too.
Why? Watermelon is hydrating!! Duh, water is in the name! But it’s more than just water (92% in fact), watermelon has nutrients that replenish the body post workout, including citrulline and electrolytes.
Oh and there are prizes… enter to win the Workout with Watermelon contest…deets below.
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Tag a workout buddy (or someone you’d like to inspire to be your workout buddy!) in the comments section of the National Watermelon Promotion Board’s (NWPB) weekly video post on Instagram and Facebook.
- Win weekly watermelon prizes. NWPB will choose one lucky workout pair each week from October 3rd through October 28th.
This Watermelon Oatmeal Smoothie is just want you need right after a workout. It hydrates and helps to repair muscle and energy stores depleted after exercise.
- 2 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 cup strawberries
- 5 ounces low-fat lemon greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons instant oatmeal
- 3–4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!