This recipe post for Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is sponsored by the non-profit Partnership for Food Safety Education.
Holiday parties, anyone? Who needs an EASY last minute crowd pleasing appetizer? Me…me…me!! Well this Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is coming at ya!
We all need a good spinach artichoke dip in our life and this one is super easy since it’s all made in the slow cooker! Can I get an amen?! I love the convenience of slow cooker recipes, especially around this time of year when I’m already spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
With all the baking and Christmasing, this Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip will save your appetizer life. Spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic, and onions make this appetizer zesty and refreshing. And bonus points, this good news is this dip is GOOD FOR YOU!!! It’s made with Greek yogurt and lower fat cream cheese.
You’re gonna love it!
So I teamed up with the non-profit Partnership for Food Safety Education, to share some food safety tips along with this recipe for Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip. When I was in my dietetics curriculum we took several classes that focused on food safety since that is an important part of nutrition education.
Did you know, 1 in 6 people become sick from foodborne illness each year? I was shocked at how high those numbers are!! Children, older adults, and anyone with a compromised immune system are especially at risk.
Whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a party this season, remember these food safety rules to reduce the risk of foodborne illness.
CORE FOUR RULES OF FOOD SAFETY
Clean: Wash hands and surfaces often.
Separate: Don’t cross-contaminate.
Cook: Cook to the safe internal temperature.
Chill: Refrigerate or freeze promptly.
PFSE has launched the Story of Your Dinner consumer campaign, complete with a short animated video and fun kids activity placemats to teach about food safety. Kids are never too young to learn these important facts, including something as simple as hand washing!
Get the chips or crudites ready… this Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is super yum!Print
Who needs an EASY crowd pleasing appetizer? Get the chips or crudites ready… this Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is super yum!
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by washing your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after handling food. Wash your cutting boards and countertops with hot soapy water.
- Thaw all frozen ingredients in the refrigerator set at 40 degrees F or below or thaw in the microwave- do not thaw on the counter at room temperature. Do not use frozen ingredients in a slow cooker.
- To clean onion and garlic: remove outer skin, then rub by hand or scrub with a clean brush while rinsing under running tap water.
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook dip on low temperature for 2 to 4 hours. Check for doneness with a food thermometer reading of 165 degrees F..
- Serve dip with tortilla chips, bread, or crudités.
MORE YUMMY APPETIZERS
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!