This post is sponsored by the National Turkey Federation.
Hawaiian Turkey Kabobs are sweet, hearty and protein packed. Skewer pineapple, red pepper, red onion, and marinated turkey breast to toss on the grill for a casual meal any day of the week.
These Hawaiian Turkey Kabobs are grilled to perfection and the turkey remains moist because it’s infused with a Hawaiian marinade, juicy pineapple and fresh veggies.
I love using turkey breast in our meals because it’s a lean source of protein that’s super versatile in recipes and it’s nutritionally dense with B vitamins and mineral selenium that acts as a powerful antioxidant.
This grill recipe is easy to prepare– just marinate turkey, chop the produce and skewer them up before tossing on the grill.
When grilling white meat turkey like turkey tenderloins, be sure to cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
It’s a great time to try turkey in your summer kabobs recipe since this month is for turkey lovers… June is National Turkey Lover’s Month.
This recipe also makes a great meal prep to get you ready for eating healthy all week long.
After you grill the Hawaiian Turkey Kabobs, remove the skewers and pack them in tupperware with brown rice and broccoli or a side salad for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Need some yummy sides for this meal? Try these perfect pairings.
- 16 ounces pineapple, large dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast tenderloins, cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, large chunks
- For marinade
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Sriracha hot sauce to taste, if desired
- Prepare marinade by pouring all ingredients into a plastic bag or mixing in a large bowl. Reserve ¼ cup marinade and set aside. Add chunked turkey breast to plastic bag or bowl with marinade and allow to soak in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- On 8 metal grill skewers or pre soaked wooden skewers, alternate pineapple, bell pepper, marinated turkey breast, and red onion.
- Preheat grill over medium high heat and cook skewers for 8-10 minutes or until turkey is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Rotate skewers halfway through cooking and baste with reserved marinade every 3 minutes until fully cooked.
- Serve warm with brown rice if desired.