This Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad recipe post is sponsored by the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA).
This Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad makes a hearty protein-packed meal to serve up for lunch or dinner. Since June is National Dairy Month, I’ve used Greek yogurt as a stand in for traditional mayo, making this salad fit for your active lifestyle.
Everyone needs a good chicken salad in their recipe box, and this one rivals at the top of the lists of my favorite chicken salads. Because come on, bacon and avocado and chicken with a sweet mix of grapes and cranberries… nothing gets better than that.
This salad is dressed with a zesty lemon Greek yogurt based dressing, with health in mind and to pack a bigger protein punch. I used whole milk Greek yogurt in this recipe because I still wanted all the yummy flavor and fullness factor that dairy fat has to offer.
Chobani Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt, is made with 4% milkfat and contains live and active cultures that are good for the gut. It’s a wholesome choice that will make you feel good from the inside out.
While I love eating this salad fresh because the bacon is crispier, you can absolutely use this chicken salad recipe for meal prep. The avocado stays green longer because the Greek yogurt and lemon dressing keep it fresh. Nothing’s easier than a quick chicken salad during a hectic week.
YUUMZA. I love this Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad and I hope you do too!
- 4 slices cooked center cut bacon, chopped
- 1 pound grilled chicken breast, cubed (about 2 cups)
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup Chobani Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, chicken, avocado, grapes, cranberries, and red onion.
- In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and pepper until mixed.
- Pour dressing over chicken salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve with crackers or on toasted sprouted grain bread with bib lettuce.