Last Sunday, Eric and I had breakfast at 903 Mills Market, a very quaint local restaurant in the neighborhood where we use to live. When I dine out I always ask the person taking my order their favorite item on the menu. I like to hear what others enjoy, and it’s usually is a winner of a choice. Eric gets jealous when this happens because my food tastes better than his.
I’m so into eggs at breakfast.. they are savory and a great breakfast protein, but I have to be honest sometimes eggs and toast or fruit can get really routine and boring. The breakfast pizza is a egg-cellent way to spice up the typical breakfast routine.
- 1 pita flatbread
- 1 teaspoon 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice center-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced bell pepper
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chives
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and cook bacon for 7 minutes. Blot grease and allow to cool, then slice.
- Scramble eggs but don’t cook all the way through. They need to be moist because they’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Place flatbread on baking sheet and spread with cream cheese. Top evenly with eggs, bacon, onion, pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven for 8 minutes until flatbread is crispy and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives and slice into for triangles while hot.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!