Dessert for breakfast, yes please!! This Coconut Cream Pie Protein Shake recipe has a simple ingredient list and no added sugar. Dairy free, vegan, gluten free, paleo.
Yesterday was a rough… Parker and I laid cooped up in the bed all.day.long. This cold had me dragging and with nursing there are so many DON’TS when it comes to medications. Parker is 11 weeks and I’m trying to keep the little guy well and sick-free, but that’s hard when he’s attached to me 24/7…
It’s like I have a new appendage.
Since I’m breastfeeding there are antibodies specific to my cold that will keep him well or if he gets sick he won’t get as sick. Isn’t nature so neat? Luckily he hasn’t shown symptoms yet… and I’ve been praying he is spared this nasty crud.
I’m contemplating a run to whole foods to get some essential oils. Any recommendations? My girl Kara did a nice write up on how to use essential oils which is a helpful reference.
Welp it’s the second day of smoothie week and I’ve got a delicious smoothie for you today! It’s like dessert that’s healthy enough for breakfast! I know, right?
When Eric sees this post today he’s going to be pretty jealous because coconut is his ALL TIME favorite flavor. And I made this after he already left for work. Sorry babe!
It’s simple to make too, high protein, low sugar and filled with good fats from coconut. I even ate it with a spoon! Hope you enjoy.
- 1 frozen banana (**or 1 medjool date + add extra ice)
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 scoop no added sugar vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes + additional for topping
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (optional topping)-- I use Trader Joe's coconut cream
- Place banana, coconut milk, protein powder, coconut oil, coconut flakes, and ice into a high powered blender and blend until creamy.
- For whipped topping, add coconut cream to small bowl and whip with electric mixer until fluffy. Dollop onto of shake and dust with more coconut flakes.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!