I must confess, we are addicted to smoothies.
One day I poured almond milk into the blender with a banana, almond extract and chocolate protein powder and the flavor was out of this world good… it’s like you’re eating an almond joy candy bar, in smoothie form.
I love the almondy flavor and creamy consistency this smoothie has!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds, topping
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened coconut flakes, topping
- Blend all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glass, and top with almonds and coconut flakes. Sip from a straw if desired.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!