- Probiotics- fermented foods, kefir, and daily supplement
- Antihistamine foods (Vitamin C, A, Quercitin)- lemons, kale, kiwi, fennel, broccoli, berries, red onion, garlic, and lots of herbs like mint, parsley and thyme from the garden
- Hydration— green tea and water
- Saline rinses— this is so helpful for me! (Homemade neti pot by using a squirt water bottle)
- Omega 3s— let’s be real I dislike taking a fish oil supplement so I’m going to eat more tuna and salmon but also incorporating hemp, chia, and flax seeds into smoothies and salads (I’m usually pretty good with the later but definitely need more fish weekly)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup raw walnut halves, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup whole golden flaxseeds
- 1 cup rolled kamut (*use oats for gluten-free granola)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (*this also works with coconut oil— I’ve tested it 🙂
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine quinoa, nuts, seeds, kamut, dried fruit, coconut and spices together and mix until incorporated.
- In small bowl stir together coconut oil, vanilla, and agave nectar.
- Place coconut oil mixture in microwave for 10 seconds until melted; then pour over nut and oats and mix until fully coated.
- Pour granola on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until granola is golden.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!