Gluten Free Monster Cookies– a healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe with m and ms… your favorite monster trail mix in flourless cookie form.
Gluten Free Monster Cookies
I don’t know about you but m&m cookies take me back… they were inspired by our homemade trail mix we’d take on every family vacation growing up.
Pretty much every family vacation growing up was in the RV, and while some may consider this a luxury way of travel (like my dad).
I can assure you as a teen, I most certainly did not. One bathroom for all six of us, in no way was I thrilled. RVs are a lot of work too… we’d get home from vacation and we didn’t just have to unpack our bags and get settled back at home.
No, we had to unload and deep clean the motorhome too. We would dread getting home from a trip because we knew we would spend the next several hours/half a day cleaning.
Couldn’t we just be a normal family and get a couple hotel rooms for once?
My dad likes to drive across the country…. from Florida as far as Missouri, Texas, and New York City and Canada.
Bonus was that we got to sleep and play board games during the long treks… it had a full kitchen, so my mom and dad would cook dinners at night and we’d sit out by a campfire or the picnic tables with the fireflies. This was something that I really enjoyed about the trips.
A perk to traveling in an RV is a fridge stocked with meals and snacks so there are no reasons to make pit stops, except for fuel.
One snack that was always on board was a homemade monster trail mix. We loved munching on this mix traveling down the road.
During football season, we’d make our way up to Auburn, AL several times in the fall and host a big tailgate in our motorhome. Something we still continue to do together, except I’ve learned to appreciate motorhome travel… kinda.
In honor of end of summer, back to school and fall football, I’m sharing these gluten free monster cookies inspired by our Monster Trail Mix. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are so moist, flourless, gluten free and have just the right amount of chocolate.
How to make gluten free monster cookies?
- Grab a bowl and mix together butter and peanut butter. You can do 100% peanut butter in this recipe but I think a little unsalted butter goes a long way in making these crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Cream in sugar. You can use a mixer or a wooden spoon and a little muscle. Whip in the eggs for about a minute.. you don’t have to do this step but I think whipping a little air into the eggs makes these cookies super soft.
- Then stir in the oats, almond flour, coconut, peanuts and chocolate.
- Chill the dough!
- Scoop and bake flourless cookies in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Whip up a batch of these m and m cookies this weekend. You’ll be amazed at how fast they disappear.
If you tried this flourless cookie recipe or any of our recipes, please leave a comment and rate the recipe. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #loveandzest on social media. To stay up-to-date, FOLLOW US on Instagram @LoveandZest, Pinterest, and Facebook.
More Gluten Free Cookie Recipes
Gluten Free Monster Cookies– a healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe with m and ms… your favorite monster trail mix in cookie form.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup m&ms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, peanut butter and sugar and using an electric mixer cream together until smooth.
- Add eggs and whip until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; mix in until incorporated.
- Mix in oats, almond flour, and coconut flakes until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips and m&ms; chill dough for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on pan and transfer to drying rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie (1/13 recipe)
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 109
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
Keywords: m and m cookies, oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cookies, gluten free, almond flour, trail mix
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, Love & Zest will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!