Happy #MealPrepMonday! We had another low key weekend which gives me lots of time to go grocery shopping and prep our meals during the week.
He voted for Jasmine rice + veggies and chicken meatballs and I also made him this pasta bake so that he could have a few options.
This Sun-dried Tomato, Kale & Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake is loaded with veggies–> sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and kale so you can feel good about digging in!
Here’s our menu for the week:
- SUNDAY: Salmon, Fingerling Potatoes, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- MONDAY: Italian Wedding Soup + Popovers
- TUESDAY: Taco Tuesday @ Home: grilled chicken, onions, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, beans, tortillas/chips, guac
- WEDNESDAY: Stuffed Chicken with Ricotta & Kale + Roasted Broccoli
- THURSDAY: Mushroom Pizza from Trader Joe’s + Garden Salad
- FRIDAY: Dinner Out
What did you meal prep this weekend?
Do you plan your dinner menu for the week?Print
Veggie loaded pasta oozing with cheesy goodness. This pasta is perfect for a weeknight or comforting work lunches. Make it in advance and bake it when you ready to eat.
- 12 ounces gluten free rotini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 2 links pre-cooked Italian chicken sausage, chopped
- 4 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, and pour pasta back into pot.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic softened.
- Add kale to skillet, mixing with veggies and cooking an additional 2-3 minutes until kale wilts a little.
- Gently, fold ricotta cheese and marinara sauce into pasta to coat.
- Add cooked veggies, fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken sausage and mix with pasta.
- Pour mixture into square baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 375 calories
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 515
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!