These Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Ice Cream Bars have all that campfire flavor and perfect for a hot summer night. Vegan and dairy free.
Happy Friday!! Any fun plans for the weekend? I’ll be headed to my 10 year high school reunion on Saturday. That feels so crazy to say. It’s been 10 years since graduating high school, and 5 years since my college graduation and our wedding… which happened to be back to back weekends. Because that’s how we roll.
It’s hard to believe that in just 4 short months we will be beginning another new chapter and growing our family from just the two of us and our furry child, Pearl to a family 4. Can I just say how happy I am that we are having a little boy too. I’m pumped to be joining the #boymom club.
Let’s be real– girls are super cute and they have the best clothes, BUT… and that’s a big BUT. Girls are drama. I know this because I am one.. and I was little once and I have heard about all the drama I caused my parents. I know one day I will receive my payback, but I’m certainly glad that it’s not right now.
Little boys are easy, right? No drama, okay good. Let’s just pretend that it’s true for now and I’ll give you an update when we cross that bridge. I’m praying our little guy is just like Eric–> a sound sleeper, super lovable, easy going, and too darn cute… curly hair and all. A girl can dream right?
Happy weekend, y’all.Print
These Toasted Marshmallow Smores Ice Cream Bars have all that campfire flavor and perfect for a hot summer night. Vegan and dairy free.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 15 regular sized vegan marshmallows (can use traditional marshmallows if not vegan)
- 4 squares 72% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 sheets graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and generously spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange marshmallows on baking sheet and roast in oven for about 3 minutes until marshmallows are browned on top.
- In blender, combine coconut cream, coconut milk, and brown sugar and blend until sugar is dissolved.
- Add marshmallows to the blender and continue to process until combined.
- Pour marshmallow coconut mixture into ice cream maker and churn until it resembles soft serve ice cream.
- Add chocolate chips to ice cream and continue to churn until incorporated.
- Scoop ice cream out and divide among graham cracker sheets to form ice cream sandwiches.
- Place prepared bars in container to place in freezer to freeze fully.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!