I’ve been snacking on this bark for a few weeks now.. it makes a lot! I took it to a dinner party last week and it was a smashing hit– even with a 2 year old!
The combo of tartness, crunch, sweet and salty rocks! This recipe is really simple to put together and calls for only 5 ingredients! Chocolate, chia, walnuts, cherries, and pumpkin seeds. I always seem to have these ingredients in the house but if you don’t, feel free to sub in your favorite dried fruit and nuts.
Don’t worry, it’s a healthy indulgence!Print
Homemade chocolate bar with chia seeds, cherries, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and sea salt. Love the sweet & salty crunch in this bar and all the healthy ingredients. A healthy indulgence.
- 12 ounces (or 2 cups) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 2 minutes, stir chips quickly with spatula and return to microwave for 30 second increments until chocolate is almost melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, stir for a few minutes until it becomes glossy and starts to cool.
- Pour chocolate evenly into a square on baking sheet.
- Top evenly with chia seeds, walnuts, tart cherries, pumpkin seeds, and a pinch of salt.
- Allow bark to cool completely.
- Break into 20 even pieces; store in airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 150 calories
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!