Healthy Hamburger Helper Lasagna Skillet, OMG! This dinner is genius: one pot on the stove top with minimal effort for the tastiest homemade lasagna with lots of hidden veggies.
Say goodbye to standing in the kitchen tediously layering lasagna, this Healthy Hamburger Helper Lasagna Skillet is a dump in a pot and serve weeknight meal at it’s finest.
You guys, I grew up on hamburger helper lasagna, and I had a craving the other day that needed to be satisfied so I created this Healthy Hamburger Helper Lasagna Skillet. And I’m so glad that I did because I’ve been making this one on repeat for dinner.
Easy lasagna on a weeknight cannot be beat.
My whole family LOVES this dinner and I felt really good about tucking in all the extra veggies that you don’t even notice in this dish.
Aside from nutrition, they provide so much flavor so I wouldn’t want to leave them out but you really can’t “see them” so it’s a win for any of those cautious veggie eaters in your life.
Hope this Healthy Hamburger Lasagna Skillet becomes a weeknight staple at your table too!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion, small diced
- ½ cup small diced mushrooms
- ½ cup finely shredded carrots
- ½ pound mild Italian sausage
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 28oz. jar of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 10 lasagna noodles (broken into thirds)
- ½ cup parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella
- In a large nonstick skillet pot or pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms and shredded carrots until softened.
- Crumble in sausage and ground beef and continue cooking until browned and fully cooked.
- Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, spinach and cottage cheese.
- Add noodles and cook until noodles are softened. Be sure to tuck noodles under the sauce so that they cook fully. Cover with lid until noodles are cooked.
- Top with parmesan and mozzarella. Serve when cheese is melted..