Irresistible Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
These are super moist and taste like chocolate chip cookie dough…but they are grain free, egg free, dairy free– that’s no butter ya’ll. Don’t get me wrong,
I love a good buttery chocolate chip cookie, but I do think there is room for healthier versions of the good stuff too, especially if you’re looking for more wholesome snacks, breakfasts or desserts.
These chocolate chip cookie dough balls are made with a few whole food ingredients– cashews, dates, and flaxseed + chocolate, duh.
The secrete for soft and irresistible chocolate chip cookie dough balls of goodness? Soak cashews in dates in almond milk before blending.
Don’t skip this step mamas– I have made these balls over and over and I’m all about taking short cuts in the kitchen but presoaked cashews and dates really make a difference… the make creamier softer and simply irresistible Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls.
A few more details about making energy balls from whole nuts, a large food processor is necessary to get the cashews and dates chopped small enough and done quickly. I snagged this Cuisinart 13 cup food processor recently at Costco on a super sale (I think $100 after promotion) but you can also get it on Amazon (affiliate below). I just think it’s the right size and I find myself using it all the time. It’s a workhorse!
Other snack recipes:
Irresistible Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls. These chocolate chip cookie dough balls are made with a few whole food ingredients– cashews, dates, and flaxseed + chocolate, duh. Grain free, egg free, dairy free– that’s no butter ya’ll.
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- pinch of large crystal salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2– 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- In small bowl, soak dates and cashews in almond milk for at least an hour.
- In bowl of food processor, pour soaked dates, cashews, and any remaining almond milk; process until dates and cashews are minced.
- Add flaxseed, salt, and vanilla extract and pulse until blended.
- Remove blade and stir in coconut flour until mixed and then mix in chocolate chips.
- Place parchment paper on clean surface. Coat hands in coconut oil or cooking spray and form dough into 32 small bite sized balls. Store balls in airtight container in fridge.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!