Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Salad… because healthy food should taste amazing.
Wanna know the best way to make a healthy salad double as comfort food?
Serve loads of veggies with sautéed onions, mushrooms and freshly grilled chicken. Ahhh, epic salads are topped with some warm elements– think fried goat cheese.
Yes, warm food + raw food = epic salad creation.
The perfect summer salad has grilled ingredients served warm served with fresh raw veggies. This Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Salad bowl is topped with grilled chicken, sautéed onions and mushrooms and a zesty herb dressing.
This recipe was inspired by an old recipe on the blog, Mediterranean Pasta Salad, and I decided to give it a major upgrade and post a whole new recipe!
Because Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Salad tho.
It’s satisfying, nourishing, and oh so healthy…. hope you dig into a bowl of this Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Salad very soon.
Oh and because today is National Walnut Day, my friends over at California Walnuts are sharing this resource, Make Your Meals Mediterranean, to help people how to make small, specific changes to get closer to a Mediterranean-style of eating even when they aren’t living near the Mediterranean sea.
The perfect summer salad has grilled ingredients served warm served with fresh raw veggies. This Mediterranean Quinoa Chicken Salad bowl is topped with grilled chicken, sautéed onions, mushrooms and a zesty herb dressing.
- 8 ounces fully cooked chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups arugula
- For dressing[/I]
- 1 teaspoon minced herbs (thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In skillet, heat olive oil over medium high and sauté onions and mushrooms until fully cooked and translucent.
- In a mason jar or bowl, prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients together. If using a mason jar, cap it and shake to mix salad dressing.
- Toss salad greens with dressing and distribute among two bowls. Layer warm chicken, mushrooms, onions, quinoa, bell pepper, cucumber, chickpeas and walnuts on greens.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!