Need a quick meal prep or yummy side dish for your next cookout? Put this Hawaiian Quinoa Bowl on the menu!
This Hawaiian Quinoa Bowl makes a complete meal– veggies, protein, grains and fruit. Vegetarian and gluten free. LOVE IT as a side or an entree or on top of a big ole bowl of greens!
We even pile it onto nachos in our house.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In large bowl combine quinoa, beans, pineapple, onions, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, oil, honey salt and pepper. Pour dressing over quinoa salad and toss to coat.
- Serve chilled or room temp.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!