Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Power Balls better known as “cookies” in our house are no bake whole food goodness and can be made gluten free and vegan.
My three year old is the babe in the house that calls these pumpkin chocolate chip power balls… “cookies”! He just loves them, and that makes this mama a happy camper.
This recipe is inspired by my Peanut Butter Pumpkin Chewy Granola Bars since I needed a no bake version of pumpkin cookie goodness for a cooking demo I did at the Winter Park Sprouts grand opening. And everyone went bonkers over the flavor and texture of these babies when they tasted them!
If you need 100% gluten free and vegan, buy certified gluten free oats and vegan chocolate chips! And of course you can sub in other nuts and nut butters if you have an allergy or preference for a different nut.
Pumpkin makes this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Power Balls light and fluffy and oh so soft! Oh yes! And of course it adds an extra dose of nutrition too!
Read more about the health benefits of pumpkin here!
They are easy to prep in advance to snack on throughout the week. They also make a tasty breakfast or dessert.
When you’re talking real food snacks, they are a nutritious option any time of day.
I hope you give these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Power Balls a try. If you make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Power Balls or any of my recipes, leave a review below and tag me @loveandzest on Instagram! I love to see what you create!
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ cup rolled old fashioned oats, divided
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pinch of sea salt
- In small bowl, cover dates with 3 tablespoons of water and microwave on high for 20 seconds so soften dates.
- Drain dates and add to food processor, pulse until dates are chopped. Add pumpkin puree and peanut butter and pulse until incorporated.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add pumpkin pie spice, flaxseed and 1 cup old fashioned oats. Pulse until oats are incorporated.
- Remove blade from food processor and stir in remaining ½ cup oats, chopped cashews, chocolate chips and a pinch of sea salt.
- On sheet of parchment paper, roll dough into 30 mini power balls. Keep refrigerated; enjoy.