Vegan Autumn Glow Soup is a seasonal favorite and my personal health elixir.
The flavors of this soup are just what you need on a chilly day. This Vegan Autumn Glow Soup made with roasted butternut and acorn squash, honey crisp apples, and cauliflower is oh-so-comforting and healthy!
I make this soup ALL THE TIME during the cooler months because it reminds me of my favorites flavors of the season. I love getting the Autumn Squash Soup from Panera Bread so this is a copycat recipe that I made at home so that I can enjoy it OVA AND OVA AND OVA again!
With the hustle and bustle of this holiday season all I want is easy and simple. Just a few ingredients and bam… Vegan Autumn Glow Soup in my life. YUMMMM!
The simplicity of this recipe is what I love about this soup –>
ROAST the squash and cauliflower.
SAUTEE onions and an apple in a pot.
And BLEND IT into smooth and creamy soup perfection.
STIR in that coconut milk baby…. and a little maple syrup. OH SO GOOD.
Grab a spoon errrrr some chewy sourdough bread because Vegan Autumn Glow Soup deserves sopping up with yummy bread.
- 1 butternut squash, halved and deseeded
- 1 acorn squash, halved and deseeded
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 4 cups florets)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 honey crisp apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 32 ounces vegetable broth (or chicken broth if not vegan)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or cream if not vegan)
- pumpkin seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and arrange squash and cauliflower evenly on sheet.
- Coat vegetables with 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for an hour until tender and golden brown.
- In large pot, sauté onion over medium heat in coconut oil until beginning to caramelize. Add apple and cook until softened.
- Scoop acorn squash and butternut squash out of skin and add to soup pot along with cauliflower. Stir in sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth and bring soup to a low boil.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup until creamy.
- Stir in maple syrup and cream.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, if desired.
MORE butternut SQUASH Recipes!
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!