Chicken Mango Power Bowls, a healthy weeknight dinner with chicken sausage, roasted Brussels, avocado, mango, rice, beans and fresh tomatoes.
You ask and you shall receive. I did a poll on instastories, and it was clear you wanted Chicken Mango Power Bowls.
AND I don’t blame you because I know I’m game for anything topped with creamy avocado.
We literally go through so many avocados… I’ll buy 5+ at the store each week. You may be wondering how I keep the avocados from getting “too ripe”?
I learned a new technique for storing avocados that changed my avocado life and I’m no longer intimidated with purchasing avocados in bulk at Costco.
Keep 1-2 “ready to eat” avocados on the counter that you’ll use in the next day or two, and store the rest in the fridge.
When you run out of avocados on the counter, grab one out of the fridge to have for the next day.
This is the best way to ensure you’re avocados are bright green and creamy and not over-ripe. Amazing right?!
I mean seriously, I use to have to buy 1-2 avocados at a time and then would be super bummed when we didn’t have any avos for the second half of the week, or we’d have to go back to the store for more avos.
Do you stock up on avocados too? If so, Chicken Mango Power Bowls should be on repeat.Print
Chicken Mango Power Bowls a healthy weeknight dinner with chicken sausage, roasted Brussels, avocado, mango, rice, beans and fresh tomatoes.
- 2 cups sliced Brussels sprouts
- 4 pre-cooked chicken sausages
- 1 cup dry jasmine rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup small diced pineapple
- 1 cup small diced mango
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno, if desired
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- 2 avocados, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange evenly with brussels sprouts and sausages. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake 20-25 minutes until brussels sprouts are roasted.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix together beans, pineapple, mango, bell pepper, jalapeños, and lime juice.
- Prepare 4 bowls by layering rice, chicken sausage, brussels sprouts, pineapple mango mixture, tomatoes and avocados.
More Bowl Recipes
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!