This post is sponsored by The Mushroom Council.
Mini Bell Pepper Nachos with Avocado Cream. Oh me oh my, this sheet pan game-day appetizer or weeknight dinner is sure to please your hungry crowd. It’s a stuffed pepper meets nacho lovers dream… especially with cool avocado cream drizzled on top!
Or if you’re like me you’ll take your nachos with a large side of avo cream.
This lower carb veggie forward dish satisfies with a blend of beef and mushrooms. Mushrooms give that “umami” flavor, added moisture, and of course plant power.
With my almost threenager (and let’s be honest… the husband), I use The Blend to boost the nutritional profile of our diet. Any way I can blend veggies into family favorites, I do because it has a better chance of getting into the bellies, especially during football season (daddy-o loves himself some meat and carbs while watching the game). And my mushroom loving self is happy. #momwin
You can still have your tortilla chips hubs, but I think you’re going to LOVE me for these Mini Bell Pepper Nachos because the flavor is on point and avocado cream.
He’s an onion fan and I’m all about those mushrooms, he knows I add them to eeeerthing. Can’t stop won’t stop, can’t ever have enough. Mushroom lovers unite!
DYK– Mushrooms are the only source of vitamin D in the produce aisle and one of the few non-fortified food sources. Brain food.
And for those science geeks like me… all mushrooms contain some vitamin D, but growers also have the ability to increase D levels by exposing mushrooms to ultraviolet light. Similar to humans, mushrooms naturally produce vitamin D following exposure to sunlight or a sunlamp: mushrooms’ plant sterol – ergosterol – converts to vitamin D when exposed to light.
Way cool, huh?
So I’d love to know, what are you serving on game day this weekend? Mini Bell Pepper Nachos with Avocado Cream? You say nachos and I’m there.
More Mushroom Favorite Recipes
- Superfood Turkey Tacos
- Skillet Shepherd Pie with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Vegetarian Roasted Eggplant Lasagna
- Not Your Mama’s Potato Chip Chicken Casserole
- Vegetarian Lasagna Spaghetti Squash Boats
Mini Bell Pepper Nachos with Avocado Cream made on a sheet pan. Stuffed pepper meets nacho lovers dream… especially with cool avocado cream drizzled on top!
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound mini sweet bell peppers, sliced lengthwise and deseeded
- 8 ounces shredded mexican cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor, add mushrooms process until small chop or minced.
- In a large saute pan, cook ground beef over high heat until brown; add taco seasoning to coat beef. Stir in mushrooms; remove from heat.
- Place mini pepper halves on baking sheet, and stuff each with beef and mushroom blend. Top each pepper with cheese; bake for 15 minutes.
- In food processor, add avocado, lime juice, sour cream, and jalapeno (if using); process until smooth and creamy.
- Once nachos are done baking, garnish each with red onion, avocado cream and cilantro. Enjoy!
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!