This post is sponsored by the National Turkey Federation.
Italian herb browned turkey breast served bruschetta-style sans bread with fresh basil, heirloom tomatoes, and a drizzle of tangy balsamic. Skillet Italian Herb Bruschetta Turkey is easy to cook and has so much flavor!
Ummmm… can we just talk for a second about this Skillet Italian Herb Bruschetta Turkey? The freshness, the flavor, the moist and juicy turkey. Oh I’m in love.
And it’s just in time for summer and sunshine. This dish is that quintessential dinner to serve al fresco in the summer months (or like right now for us Floridians).
And isn’t it a fact that food tastes better when you’re dining with friends and family outdoors? String lights hanging from a pergola, a big rustic table, good music, vino (of course vino) annnnnd this Skillet Italian Herb Bruschetta Turkey. Ah good vibes and good eats.
That’s not too much to ask for eh?
We purchased a new outdoor table for our patio, it was a birthday present of sorts… well one that I convinced the hubs to let us buy because it’s my birthday month. And it was a good investment because we’ve been dining outside every chance we can get.
I feel like life moves a little slower when you take the time to sit outside and have dinner together. And we all need a little slow down… at least over at our house. My son can run around in our fenced in backyard and we can act like a couple again…well for like 10 minutes.
So that’s why you need to make this Skillet Italian Herb Bruschetta Turkey, pronto. Oh and good news for all the turkey lovers, I’ve partnered up the the National Turkey Federation this year to bring you some more gobble gobble. Hope you’re excited because I know I am!
This dish is effortless to create for a casual weeknight or elegant dinner party. The turkey soaks up so much flavor from the Italian herbs and forms a golden crust keeping all the juices locked in the turkey breast! I buy the turkey breast cutlets or “thinly sliced boneless skinless turkey breast” because it cooks in half the time. You know me, I’m all about spending less time in the kitchen.
If you can’t find turkey breast cutlets just buy whole turkey breast and slice them in half lengthwise to make them thinner (about an inch thick). This cut also makes the BEST protein packed low carb bruschetta. Turkey is a lean protein, naturally low in fat, and provides immune boosting nutrients like iron, zinc and potassium.
You won’t miss the bread with this Skillet Italian Herb Bruschetta Turkey.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast cutlets (about 4-5 thinly sliced pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons thick balsamic vinegar
- Season turkey breast on both sides with Italian seasoning, freshly ground pepper, and kosher salt. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Once pan and oil is heated, add seasoned turkey breast to the skillet.
- Cook until turkey is golden brown on one side (about 5-7 minutes); flip continuing to cook until both sides are golden and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes total depending on the thickness of the turkey breast.
- While turkey is cooking, in a small bowl, mix together tomatoes, basil, garlic and shallot. Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Serve turkey breast topped with tomato mixture, Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.