I told you soup’s on… did you not believe me? I hope you are ready for all the soup that I’m brining to the table this month! Get excited soup lovers, this Slow Cooker Winter White Chicken Chili is super yum.
It’s actually been pretty chilly here in Florida this last week so enjoying soup has been a bit more fun. I love soup any day of the week, but it’s even better on a cold day, especially if you have the sniffles like our family has the last couple of weeks.
This recipe is an oldie but a goodie.
One that I posted back in 2012 and it’s getting a facelift today with new photos and a few recipe tweaks that make dinner life easier… because that’s what it’s all about, right?
I’m slow cooker all the way when it comes to soups. Set it and forget it!
This Slow Cooker Winter White Chicken Chili has a simple ingredient list and is made in the slow cooker!!! Hello convenience. I kept this recipe low maintenance by using pantry staples like canned beans and corn. Talk about a family friendly weeknight meal. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. That’s it!!!
Don’t forget the toppings! Cilantro, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, and lime wedges. The fixin’s make this one a real winner.
Who’s ready for a bowl?? I know I’m in!
Do you like to make soup in the slow cooker?? Hit reply to this email or leave a comment below, I’d love to hear from you.
Slow Cooker Winter White Chicken Chili
This Slow Cooker Winter White Chicken Chili has a simple ingredient list and made with pantry staples like canned beans and corn. Great family friendly weeknight meal!
Author: Kristina LaRue
Serves: 6-8 servings
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1.5 pounds raw chicken breast
- 1 can (14.5 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- toppings: cilantro, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, lime wedges
- In a slow cooker, add onions, bell pepper, garlic, chicken breast, corn, beans, green chiles, spices, chicken broth and milk.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve bowls of chili garnished with cilantro, cheese, lime wedges and a side of tortilla chips.