This recipe is an oldie but a goodie.
I’m slow cooker all the way when it comes to soups. Set it and forget it!
Do you like to make soup in the slow cooker?? Hit reply to this email or leave a comment below, I’d love to hear from you.Print
This Slow Cooker Winter White Chicken Chili has a simple ingredient list and made with pantry staples like canned beans and corn. Great family friendly weeknight meal!
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1.5 pounds raw chicken breast
- 1 can (14.5 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- toppings: cilantro, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, lime wedges
- In a slow cooker, add onions, bell pepper, garlic, chicken breast, corn, beans, green chiles, spices, chicken broth and milk.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve bowls of chili garnished with cilantro, cheese, lime wedges and a side of tortilla chips.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!