Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is legit fall comfort food chili. Easy chicken enchilada soup recipe is great for meal prep and freezes well. Slow cooker friendly too!
And not just any soup…
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
This soup has all the flavors of your favorite Mexican dish. And I know how much you love your taco soup (<– that recipe is one of the most visited recipes on the L&Z).
I made this recipe last year for a project I did with BUSH’S Beans and I’ve been dying to share it with you ever since. I’m sorry it’s taken me an entire soup season to share the love… well, unless you caught it on IG or FB because that’s where I’ve shared it before.
This instant pot (or slow cooker) chicken enchilada soup recipe meal preps and freezes like a dream. I’ve been loving my freezer meal prep recipes lately.
Make a double recipe and freeze this soup in a freezer friendly bag or container and you have an effortless weeknight meal.
And I need all the instant pot and freezer meals I can these days.
August was a doozy so I’m all about bring on September! I mentioned on Instagram how we are trying to buy a house. Well… we found our dream house to grow our family in and then it fell through in negotiations.
UGH! That is no fun.
Have you been there? What ended up happening?
I’m learning that buying a house is HARD. Maybe because we are very specific in what we like… and living in Orlando, it’s a melting pot of house types. Like there are some ugly houses out there people and they cost an arm and a leg too.
We’ve waited for a very long time to get our ducks in a row, pay off debt and save for our first house. When we put in an offer on that home we weren’t just tossing something out there into the world, we were committed and serious. This was the one.
That home felt like our home, and we got all the tingly feelings about it.
But here’s to hoping that there’s something even better out there and can we also pray that it comes to us SOON… because I’m over waiting and our lease is up in less than 60 days so it would really be perfect timing. We are ready! How much longer do I need to be patient?
But until then, we will make this easy Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe in the Instant Pot (or slow cooker) and call it a win. I know what I’m having for dinner… how about you?
Ingredients for IP Chicken Enchilada Soup
- olive oil
- red onion
- green chiles
- chipotle peppers in adobo
- green chile enchilada sauce
- black beans
- pinto beans
- diced tomatoes
- chicken breast
More Healthy Soup Recipes!Print
Chicken Enchilada Soup is legit fall comfort food chili. Easy chicken enchilada soup recipe is great for meal prep and freezes well. Can be made in the slow cooker too!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 can green chiles
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Black Beans in a Mild Chili Sauce (we used BUSH’S)
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Pinto Beans in a Mild Chili Sauce (we used BUSH’S)
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn
- 1 pound chicken breast
- Toppings: sour cream, tortilla chips, avocado, cheese, lime wedges
- Using Instant Pot, press SAUTÉ button and heat olive oil adding onions to sauté until translucent; then press cancel to turn off heat.
- Add green chiles, chipotle peppers and enchilada sauce and stir to mash chipotle peppers into sauce.
- Gently stir in chili beans, tomatoes and corn.
- Add chicken breast and submerge into chili.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot, close vent to SEALING, and press CHILI/BEANS button; sets cook time for 20 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, manually depressurize by opening vent and allowing steam to escape.
- Remove chicken; shred and add back to pot stirring into chili.
- Enjoy a bowl of chili topped with sour cream, avocado, cheese, tortilla chips and a squeeze of lime.
Note: Nutrition information for soup does not include toppings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 929mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Keywords: enchilada soup, chicken, beans, spicy, Mexican soup
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, RD (registered dietitian nutritionist), Peloton addict and mama to two active and hungry boys. On Love & Zest, you’ll find healthy-ish recipes that fuel the whole family. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast, meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!