This Golden Milk Turmeric Smoothie makes you feel good from the inside out. With only 4 ingredients, it’s easy to prepare this delightful smoothie. Turmeric, the superstar in this smoothie, is a bright yellow spice that acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
Guys, we have a new smoothie obsession and I’ve been dying to share it with you. Or maybe we should say it’s a spice obsession because I’ve been adding turmeric to eeeerrr thing lately. This Golden Milk Turmeric Smoothie is so my new jam!!!!!
Hey honey, remember that smoothie I made you the other day that you loved??… well, the secret is out. Yep, I dashed a bit of turmeric into that delicious drink!
Ya’ll it’s so so good. I feel like adding turmeric gives a little warm and spicy flavor that is oh so comforting. I’m currently eating a bowl of Greek yogurt, or parfait rather (because I can’t do just yogurt), with berries, strawberries, coconut flakes, ancient grain seeds, and a sprinkle of TURMERIC and cinnamon on top. It’s divine people. If you don’t have turmeric in your spice rack, go buy some.
Turmeric comes from an ancient root and has been used in Indian and Chinese medicine for centuries, but can also serve as a powerful anti-inflammatory in food!
Here’s the nutrition 411 on turmeric.
- Nutrient content: 2 teaspoons of turmeric – 16 calories, 17% daily manganese and 10% daily iron. Also a great source of vitamin B6, dietary fiber, and potassium.
- Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric and a very strong antioxidant. Curcumin fights inflammation in various ways at the molecular level, resulting in reduced inflammation throughout the body.
- Chronic, low-level inflammation is believed to play a role in the development and progression of various diseases, including: heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer’s and various degenerative conditions.
- Curcumin not only acts as an antioxidant, neutralizing free-radicals in the body, but also boosts the activity of your body’s own antioxidant enzymes, thus further increasing your antioxidant strength.
- Curcumin boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF. This increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in the brain.
Hope you enjoy this Golden Milk Turmeric Smoothie as much as I have this week :)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ¾ cup plain kefir
- ½ - 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Add all ingredients into the blender and pulse until smooth.